Critical Evaluation

So, how did it go....?

When I started this project, I knew I wanted to base it around something I could be passionate about. And I was right. I'm really glad I chose the Clothes Show Live exhbition as the venture and furthermore, the choice to develop the lipstick idea.

Overall, I am really pleased with the final outcome. I feel I have worked really hard over the past few weeks to achieve a professional and aesthetically pleasing product. It has been a rollercoaster journey with ups and downs. I have really enjoyed the blog, even though I have never done one. I found it useful posting my daily project updates on the homepage.

Looking back at the specification, I feel my product meets most of the criteria. It's small, compact and plugs in easily into the computer. The one thing I am disappointed about is that the USB doesn't actually function. It had worked all this time and then right at the last minute when I plugged it in, it wasn't working! However, I am pleased that my product replicates a real life-size lipstick and it fits comfortably into the USB port.

Im still not fully confident with Creo Pro- I think it's a very technical and complex package. I think it will take a lot more practice for me to get to grips with it.  I did run into a few problems along the way:
  • The measurement for the PCB to lie into the recess was not correct, there was not enough chassis sticking out
  • I did not create locating pegs in Creo for ease of assembly
  • The paint chipped off the lid, at the last minute
  • The lid was too tight at first then I sanded it down and it became too loose
  • I sprayed red paint onto the main body, even though I had masked it off
However, through these problems I was motivated to make them right to the best of my ability. I spent some long hours in the workshops, but I feel it paid off.

I would like to thank John Stanley, Carrie and John Lee for their support through this project. Without it, I would have been lost!