Manufacturing stage has begun and already I have hit a few obstacles. My USB model parts came out of the Rapid Prototyping machine today and they looked great (from afar). But when I placed my circuit down in the recess - I realised there was a big error.
The 12mm I had measured to ensure the metal chassis was sticking out, had somehow reversed. Basically, I ended up have 12mm internally and only a little bit sticking out for the metal part! This is what I was trying to prevent and I'm not quite sure how it has happened but I will go back to Creo and have a look over the next few days. For now, I want to focus on obtaining the final USB model as time is running out!!
I have made some manual adjustments now, to ensure the circuit fits. I really wish I had designed some locating pegs or some sloting holes on the main body. I have glued the 2 halves together and I have decided to sand it down as 1 whole object; to keep it symmetrical and even.
So it's glued together now, tomorrow I can continue working on the finish and making it smooth. Need to design my packaging net aswell in the next day or two. I want to make sure the packaging compliments the USB design and is relevant to my product; so Im having a bit of a think.